Autumn 2018 Season
Draws now available
Follow us on Twitter.
CoGB:- Major Sponsor CC15
Codes of Conduct - Coaches
Bendigo Volleyball Association Codes of Conduct
The Coaches' Code of Conduct
Volleyball is intended to be a recreational activity for enjoyment and health. This code of conduct has been developed to give participants some guide to the expectations it has on those participants. It is intended to assist everyone to obtain the maximum benefit and enjoyment from their involvement in Volleyball. As a result, the quality of participation will be improved so people are more likely to start and continue their involvement in Volleyball.
1. Remember that Volleyball is for enjoyment.
2. Be reasonable in your demands.
3. Teach understanding and respect for the rules.
4. Give all players a reasonable amount of court time.
5. Develop team respect for the ability of opponents including their coaches.
6. Instill in your players respect for officials and an acceptance of their judgment.
7. Guide your players in their interaction with the media, parents and spectators.
8. Group players according to age, height, skills and physical maturity, whenever possible.
9. Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of the players.
10. Be prepared to lose sometimes.
11. Act responsibly when players are ill or injured.
12. As well as imparting knowledge and skills, promote desirable personal and social behaviours.
13. Keep your knowledge current.
14. Ensure that any physical contact with a player is appropriate.
15. Avoid personal relationships with players.
16. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person.
17. Always respect the use of facilities and equipment provided.